Friday, July 18, 2003

a test of patience

So much has happened since Monday and I'm sooo glad it's Friday. :) After class on Tuesday night, I headed straight to Zaharah's house for English class (yes, big boss wants us, the internal staff at my company, to take English class, which I think is cool considering it's Zaharah teaching). Sampai-sampai aje, terus dapat dinner...Zaharah masak nasi ulam that night and it was delicious. Ate ice-cream for dessert...hehehe...sambil tengok "Johnny English"...which, I think, is a hilarious movie. I'd have to watch it again, though, coz I didn't get to watch from the beginning. Anyway, it's been raining a lot lately...so the weather was rather cool, except for today. :p

Come Wednesday, things got more hectic. Not because of work piling up, but because of last minute work that's not even mine, but I had to deal with it because if I hadn't it wouldn't get done and it would mean ruining the company's name and reputation. Yesterday was the launch of our new product with an important client, so the course notes had to be beautified and printed and photocopied and punched and filed. My job was to make sure that the notes were in order before printing. But it had to be proofread by one of our trainers before doing so. So...by the time everything was finalized, it was only printed at about 4pm. It took almost two hours to print everything because there were about 166 slides and the client wanted 2 slides per page. Printer pun dah tenat agaknya, so banyak la masalah. Nak photocopy 30 set pulak tu....addoooooiii!! So, my colleague (let's call her Amoi) pun started photocopying using the office's photocopy machine. Bie kesian pulak kat si Amoi sebab banyak sangat notes nak kena compile and filed, so I decided to stay back and help her. All this while, the real person who's in charge didn't lift a finger to do anything!!! Dah la tu, dalam tengah photocopying, the machine ran out of toner and we didn't have an extra one. So I had no choice but to call my boss to tell him the news and ask him which sections he needed for class yesterday. Nasib baik the sections he needed dah siap. Kalau tak, dah kena pancung!! :p

And then when everything was over, and it was already 9pm, suddenly two other colleagues of mine who were helping out got into a heated discussion about why this ruckus happened. The "smarty pants" one argued that the executives were not efficient lah...not far-sighted lah...should do this lah...should do that lah...arrrggghhhh!! Even though she didn't say it directly to me and Amoi, it hurt...it really offended us. I felt like crying and at the same time tell her to just shut her hole. I've had a long day and I didn't need some Miss "I'm-so-perfect-and-organized-everyone-has-to-be-like-me" to lecture her opinions that weren't requested in the first place. I came home exhausted...and fuming at the same time, I just needed to talk to someone. So my brother was the victim to my ranting. :p Then out of the blue, Miss "If-you're-not-with-me-you're-against-me" (the same person as above) had the nerve to call me up and ask if I was upset with her. What the hell?! Well, duuuhhh!!! What do you think??! Then she gave some excuse that she always says things without thinking first and that what she said wasn't really directed towards me and Amoi. Always that excuse: "I wasn't thinking." Contradictory to what she's always harping to us about, isn't it? We must be far-sighted lah, think first lah...and you? "Oh...I wasn't thinking..." Yeah, right!! Go fly kite lah!! Really, you know. You can't keep apologizing after bitching about how smart you are and how everyone has to be like you and then give a lame excuse like "I wasn't thinking" all the time, and expect people to respect you. No way. You don't demand respect, you EARN it. Okay, if you didn't really directed it to us, who was it directed to? Then go say it to him/her lah!! Why scream in the office for the whole building to hear? It was 9:30pm for god's sake. Everyone was tired and wanted to go home, to be in the comfort of his/her bed and eat dinner, which I didn't have at all. :( After all that, I totally lost my appetite anyway. :p

And then today, had to make changes to the notes again. Which was ok by me since this is the first time we're doing this program...there's bound to be changes. So after updating everything, spent another two hours printing. Then Amoi asked another colleague of mine (lets call her Minah) for the photocopied course notes of another program that has to be filed before next week. Bukan sikit, banyak! Pastu si Minah ni boleh tanya, "Now?". Habis tu, bila lagi nak buat? Awak bukannya nak tolong, sedangkan yesterday's ruckus was your responsibility and so is this. Dah tu, bila Azy suruh bawak trolley untuk menyenangkan kerja, si Minah ni cakap dia park kereta kat luar hari ni...jauh sangat nak tolak trolley. Dah tau ada berlambak notes nak kena bawak, park la kat parking lot office, lagi senang. Pastu, si Amoi ni park kereta dia kat parking lot office. Minah suruh Amoi drive out to her car to get the notes and then drive back in. I said, no. Minah drive to the courtyard, and then Amoi tunggu kat situ dengan trolley, habis cerita. Tak nak...malas...sayang parking space kat luar. Ya Allah!! How selfish can you get?! Menyusahkan orang betul!! Dah la tak nak bawak trolley. Nak angkat notes tu macamana? Nak naik balik ke office pastu ambik trolley and turun balik?? Hissshhh!! Sakit hati betul laa. Really a test of patience these past few days.

Lepas ni, I nak suruh Amoi ambik cuti sehari bila ada banyak notes kena file. Pastu I pun nak ambik cuti...Azy pun ambik cuti. Who's going to help you then? Seriously, let her know how it feels like. *Heavy sigh* I'm just so glad that I'm home right now. The only thing that's lifting my spirits a little is my newly repainted car. :D Yes, I had my car repainted blue. A bright metallic blue. It looked weird at first, but now it's beautiful. I absolutely love it. :)

I think I'm coming down with something. Nak pegi rehat lah....