just lovely
*Sigh* It's Monday again. And the life-cycle unrelentlessly spins. My digital alarm clock needed fresh batteries and I've yet to buy them. So I got back my old alarm clock from my brother's room. There's nothing like waking up to that faithful blaring clock. :) Didn't feel like leaving the bed, but hey...I need to earn a living, right? ;)
Anyway, Zarina's wedding was just lovely. She was lovely. :) Shaida, Nina, and I just couldn't get over how beautiful everything was. During the akad nikah, we stayed with her in the bedroom while waiting for Shariman (the groom) to arrive. The rain was quite heavy that night. We were quite worried that it wouldn't stop and Shariman's party would be late. But things went smoothly. :) We saw everything through the television in the bedroom. Live telecast! Hehehe... :) Shariman's ijab-kabul was sah the first time straight! Good job, Shariman! :D I took many pictures that night and I'll put them in my online album soon. :)
Then Friday night was the dinner for friends. Also held at Zarina's house. Food was great. :) Met old high school friends there too. :) We were told that the dress code was smart-casual. I had a hard time deciding what to wear. :P How do you define smart-casual anyway?
Lastly, last night's reception at Holiday Villa, Subang. :) Very lively and fun. We got the best table in the Vintage Ballroom! Hehehe... :) Zarina came in first and sat on the dais. Shariman came in later with his "guards". On the way to the dais, they were stopped by Zarina's uncle, the spokesperson for Zarina's family. Siap berpantun-pantun lagi tu! Hehehe... :) What to do...they had to pay the toll! :P Passing that, they arrived at the dais but Shariman couldn't sit down until he pays another toll! Poor guy...hehehe... :D Can't run away from tradition. :)
After that there was bacaan selawat followed by a short clip of Thursday's night event on the projector, and also the do'a. :) And then, what else? Eat! Hehehe... :P The dessert was the best part, I suppose, because we were served ice-cream cake with tapai. Nyum! :) Oh yeah, did I mention that the former Menteri Penerangan was there as one of the VIPs? Well, he was and he sang two numbers. I tell you, he has a good voice! :) But no modern songs lah...all mostly evergreens. :P
At the end of the reception, we stayed until everyone has left so that we could take pictures with the couple. :) And then the night was over. *Sigh* what a lovely night. :) Shaida and I especially felt really special because we were invited to all three events. :) Zarina's married!!! :P


No comments:
Post a Comment