Monday, May 31, 2004

those schoolgirl days...

Assalamu'alaikum...tonight I met two high school friends, Aidi and Shu Wei, after not seeing them for almost 8 years!! It was wonderful. :) Aidi called me up after lunch today and asked if I wanted to visit Pn. Zaini at her home tonight. She just had operation in April and we wanted to see our favorite teacher. So...came home from work...at about 8:30pm, Aidi and Shu Wei came to pick me up. We met up with Nor Azlina and Wan at the Petronas petrol station in front of my house and drove from there. It was really nice to see Pn. Zaini and reminisce about high school days and catch up on who's doing what, who's already married, pregnant, getting married, etc. Apparently, there's going to be another SMDU reunion in December and we told Pn. Zaini that we will see her there. Be strong, cikgu!! ^_^

I remember during one of our Teachers Day celebration, my friends sang "To Sir With Love" on stage for the teachers. Then I saw the movie and was so moved during the scene where Lulu (the singer who acted in the movie as one of the students, and who sang the song) and her classmates sang to Sydney Portier (the teacher) the song on his last day there. I think it's a beautiful song, don't you think? Lulu really brought feeling into it. ^_^

Those school girl days,
Of telling tales and biting nails are gone,
But in my mind,
I know they will still live on and on,
But how do you tell someone,
Who has taken you from crayons to perfume,
It isn't easy but I'll try...

If you wanted the sky,
I would write across the sky in letters,
That would soar a thousand feet high,
To Sir with love...

The time has come,
For closing books and long last looks must end,
And as I leave,
I know that I am leaving my best friend,

A friend who taught me right from wrong,
And weak from strong, that's a lot to learn,
What, what can I give you in return?

If you wanted the moon,
I would try to make a start,
But I would rather you let me give my heart,
To Sir with love...

No comments: