Monday, May 17, 2004

woe is me

Assalamu'alaikum...sigh...I was late for work by 20 minutes today. Arrgghh...stupid LRT train! The journey was smooth sailing until we were approaching the Pasar Seni station. The train suddenly stopped moving just before arriving the station and was stationary for about five minutes...five precious minutes, mind you. Then it started moving again. As we were approaching the Kg Baru station, it stopped again...before arriving at the station. Another five minutes passed by. And you know what, the train might have stopped in between stations prior to these two abrupt stops, but I didn't notice because I was too engrossed in the novel I was reading. If not, I wouldn't have been this late. :( Hey...I just remembered something. All this blaming the LRT train for making me late for work shouts out "P2!!!", doesn't it? What's P2, you ask? Only employees of my previous company know what I'm saying. Well...including participants to its training programs. :) I can hear an ex-colleague say, "Stop being so P2 laa..." :P Ok...I'll be P3 - meaning when I wake up every morning, I'll straight away take a bath instead of staring into space, trying to get my bearings. That way, I can get ready earlier and get to eat my breakfast at home and leave the house before 7:45am to get to the Kelana Jaya LRT station and hopefully arrive at work on time or maybe a little earlier. :) But...who is to say that the train won't start acting up again like today? I'll probably be late again! Sigh...Guess we'll never know, huh?

So anyway, Mix FM played Tommy Page's "I'll Be Your Everything" this morning. Hehehe...I wanted to laugh out loud when I heard the intro to the song. Not because the song was funny or anything, but the memory that came with the song was funny. I was soooooo into Tommy Page when I was 12. He was the most gorgeous hunk on the face of the earth as far as I was concerned. Any tv programs that featured him I would record, and I bought all his albums, teen magazines that had pin-ups or posters of him, button badges, etc. Man, I was a maniac! Of course, I grew out of it when another hunky singer came along. Kekeke...but I gotta admit, the song is still good to the ears...mine, at least. :) I wonder what happened to him? I still have his cassettes stored away in one of my cardboard boxes at the foot of my bed. Or are they in the shoebox beside my writing table? Hmm...must be the latter. Oh well, I can listen to them again, but...I don't think I'd want to...heheheh. ;)

Last Friday I left the office right on time coz I was rushing for time to attend Charlie's wedding reception at Putrajaya. I met up with Sue at the KLCC LRT station and she followed me home. We ate a light dinner to "lapik perut" and Abah said he'd drive us there...worried for our safety. :) We arrived while the do'a was being recited and luckily we got seats at a table near our Oceanside friends. I was rather awed by the whole place. Charlie's house in Putrajaya is a house on its own...no next-door neighbor kind of house. The reception at the side of the house was like a wedding reception at FELDA's Dewan Perdana. I was very, very impressed. Sadly, the sound system wasn't that good. I couldn't hear the speeches made by the KSN (Charlie's father), Charlie's brother (the host), and Charlie himself. Oh well... :) But from the outside, the house is beautiful. I bet the interior is even more beautiful. It's the official residence anyway. While we were there, Abah and Mama "hung out" at Ayah Din's house, which was nearby. After the reception, Abah picked up Sue and I, and we stopped by his house. In a way, I'm glad Abah and Mama drove us there coz the road home was rather quiet and dark. Kind scary...brrr....

No comments: