Friday, March 21, 2003

a year older

It's that time of the year again. :) And I'm glad that I can celebrate it at home with my family after five years of being away. Mama made pulut kuning and rendang ayam yesterday for me and Abang Nyah to bring to work today. One, to celebrate my birthday, and two, for Abang Nyah to say farewell to his close colleagues at Samsung Corp. At first, I thought I brought too much, but I brought home two empty tupperwares!! Hehehe... :) Glad everyone at the office enjoyed it. So...to answer the typical birthday question, "How does it feel to be a year older?" Well...I think being 24 is great. I feel like a woman...and I think 24 sounds really mature. :) But I still can't believe I'm already 24. :P But hey, they say that "age is just a number" and somehow I agree. Age doesn't define a person's wisdom, maturity, intelligence, and also experience. I know someone who's almost 30 years old who doesn't act like he's 30. He still thinks he's a teenager, leading a carefree student life...no future plans and irresponsible. I don't know if that's good, but I think it's just an aimless life. No direction. And I know a little boy who is much smarter and wiser than the 30-year-old guy and even me! Amazing...

But all in all, I'm happy to be me. :) Thanks to my boss and colleagues for the warm birthday wishes, and not forgetting my friends! :) May Allah bless you... :)

Nothing special going on, just a quiet birthday dinner with the family. :) But where to eat aa?? Hehehe... Give me some suggestions, guys! :P