Tuesday, March 25, 2003

it's the thought that counts

Abang Chor came home from Langkawi today. He's on holiday for about eight days. :)

The Project Management workshop was very interesting and fun. I learned a lot of new things and hopefully I'll be able to apply what I learned whenever I'm doing projects for the company in the future. Oh yes, before I forget, I said the workshop was in Hyatt Kuala Lumpur yesterday. But d-uh...Hyatt Kuala Lumpur doesn't exist! Well...technically, it does but it's not complete. Construction on the hotel was brought to a halt for some unknown reason. So...to correct my mistake, the workshop was held at Hyatt Saujana in Subang. :) Hehehe...Anyway, I really enjoyed myself at the workshop and also the yummy hotel food. :P

Came home pretty tired...but Shaida invited me out for dinner with Nina and Zarina. She picked us all up and we headed to Center Point in Bandar Utama. Thank goodness we didn't go so far, coz I just felt like dining nearby. Didn't want to come home late too. Promised Ammar I'd call or sms him. Really felt bad that we couldn't go out for dinner or coffee while he's here in KL. Sorry, Ammar. Next time, insya Allah. :)

Zarina gave me a gift voucher from MPH Bookstore for my birthday. It didn't look like much, but I really love it since I love books and I love going to MPH, especially the one in Midvalley Megamall. Hmm...I'm going to have a hard time choosing what to buy there. :P And come to think of it, as we grow older we get different types of birthday gifts compared to when we were younger. Before, we get all the typical presents -- mugs, soft toys, picture frames, diaries, etc. But now, even a birthday card is sufficient because the words written in the cards are what really matters most to me. The cards from Shaida and Aina really touched me, almost made me cry. Don't know why...it's probably the sincerity and the thoughtfulness of the words. Thanks, guys. :) This year's birthday gathering, cards, and gifts were all wonderful. Thank you all! :)