Monday, December 29, 2003

the year that was...

Assalamu'alaikum...Well hey, just two more days till it's 2004. And it's been a week since I've written anything in here. I've been preoccupied with some personal matters, but now I'm back. Mama's surgery was successful, alhamdulillah. She was discharged from the hospital yesterday, just before lunch time. So now, she's recuperating at home, somewhere more familiar and definitely less boring...hehehe. :) And now you're looking at her new full-time nurse and cook. Kekeke...We've had many visitors, both at the hospital and at home. And you should see the amount of fruit baskets we've been receiving! There are just too many fruits to consume! Apples, grapes, oranges, pears, pomergranates, etc. I just can't get enough of the Fuji apples. They're just so yummy. :D And I've thought of some ideas about some dessert recipes...hehehe. ;)

Abang Nyah has been confirmed by Petronas. Congrats! :) We didn't get to really celebrate because of Mama's operation, so maybe next time. And yet, next time might months coz my bro is transferred to Penang this Thursday. He's already started packing and is leaving Thursday, and starts work Friday. Talk about timing! Just when Mama is out of the hospital. He initially had to move on the 16th, but God works in mysterious ways. It just shows how great Allah's arrangements of things really are. Well, it just shows how great Allah is, period. :) Masya Allah...

So...since the new year's almost here, I feel I should review this year's resolutions and see whether I've achieved any of them. They didn't seem important to me before, but I think the resolutions are a stepping stone towards being a better person somehow. And yes, I need new resolutions for 2004! :) Oh yeah...and think about what to serve the family for breakfast tomorrow... :p