Thursday, December 11, 2003

crossroads

Assalamu'alaikum...sometimes I wonder when will my life meet that interesting turn of events, that dreaded or much-awaited crossroads. I'm saying this because life has been quite monotonous lately. Hari Raya was nice, but not as meriah as it should've been. Orang yang datang beraya pun dua kerat aje, sebab kat KL ni kalau tak buat open house, orang tak datang beraya. :p So...to make things more exciting, I started getting into the habit of baking. Yup, I baked more of my cornflake cookies, chocolate chip + walnut cookies; and then made apple pie and just two days ago, I made cheesecake, hoping to bring it to Za's house for our English class. But class was postponed...so kena tunggu sampai minggu depan la baru dapat makan sama2 dengan Za, Azy, Alex and Beelie...itupun kalau ada lagi! Hehehe... :p Abang Nyah went to Sarawak on Tuesday and he'll be back tomorrow night, insya Allah. So, he might have a chance of eating some of the cheesecake. :) I might have to make another one for class next week, huh? ;)

Other than that, last week I celebrated Amirul's birthday with Alina and Sue. It was supposed to be a surprise, but he somehow found out about it before he and Alina left their house to come to the restaurant...hahahahh. :D We had a hearty dinner at Homst Restaurant, the one in front of my house. Then I suggested we go to Secret Recipe to enjoy a few slices of their scrumptious cakes. We ordered three slices of different cakes - oreo cheese, yogurt cheese and banana chocolate. Memang sedaaaapp, tapi lepas dah makan dua potong, perut dah ketat...kekekeke. So, kitorang rilek kejap...tapi in the end, Amirul jugak yang kena habiskan. :p Before coming home, Cik Lynn called me up. I asked her to join us at Secret Recipe. She wanted to pass her wedding invitation. Yippee!! Dah dapat kad jemputan! :D Kenduri dia Sabtu depan, the 20th. :)

Tuesday night had a late night drink with Shaida, Nina + Hafiz. We went to Penang Mari, here in TTDI aje. :) Shaida is leaving for the US on Monday. Sob...sob...sedihnya! :( We definitely have to meet up one more time before you leave, Shaida. But I'm planning on going to the airport to send her off, insya Allah. :) Hmm...I guess I am meeting that crossroads soon. I just have a feeling about it. Many friends are moving on with their lives. Even though our friendships remain, they're not the same as when we were in high school and university. Nevertheless, I hope we will never lose touch. :) Wassalam...