Assalamu'alaikum...I forgot how interesting the National Geographic and Discovery channel are. I haven't been watching the telly for quite some time now and I haven't the slightest idea on what's new on the popular tv shows like American Idol or Fear Factor or Survivor or Charmed or C.S.I, etc. But just now I was watching "Secrets Revealed" on National Geographic and the episode was about this National Geographic photographer looking for an Afghan girl, of whom he took a picture in 1984. After 17 years, he finally found her. It seemed like a wild goose chase at first, but with the help of the people there he was successful. But at the same time, we saw the suffering and poverty the Afghans are experiencing and my heart just tightened up with sadness. After looking at their quality of life, I have a lot....and I mean A LOT, to be thankful for. In the original picture of the girl, you can see her haunted eyes that gave away many emotions - mostly fear, sadness, anguish, etc. After the 17 years, the same expression was on her face. I don't think she has anything to smile about, with the life she's leading.
Anyway, on to happier stories...today I finally got a haircut, which I wanted to have since last week but didn't have the chance to because hari-hari balik lambat dari kerja. So, petang tadi went to Super Cut and had my hair washed, treated, trimmed and blow dried. Haaaaaahhh!! Puas hati!! :) Speaking of puas hati, this morning I was at One Utama with Mama. I signed up for a make-over session with Clinique at 12pm and boy, was I made up! I coudn't believe it was me with all the make-up on. Then, took pictures with a few costumes (they were winter coats mostly)...macam shooting for a magazine cover aje masa tu...hehehe. Then the wonderful part after that was the touching up of the photos. Aahh...the wonderful world of computer technology. My face was flawless and brighter after all the wrinkles, big pores, marks, pimples, etc were erased. Didn't think I could look that pretty! Hahahahaha... Ha, kalau nak tengok gambar tu...nanti I'll post it up laa...belum dapat CD dia lagi. Whatever it is, memang puas hati with the transformation. :P
Ja ne!

