Wednesday, April 14, 2004

karaoke anyone?

Assalamu'alaikum...Hah, had late dinner today. Now my tummy is full, but I don't want to go to sleep just yet. Besides, it's been a while since I've written in here, so might as well pen down something and check my e-mails, etc. :)

Can you believe it's already April?! I still can't get over how time zooms away. I don't think Flash can even beat time's speed. Come to think of it, it's almost the middle of the month already. Where did everything go? What have I been doing for the past months, weeks, days?? I can't seem to track it all down...

So anyway, I had a full weekend. Friday night had dinner with Sue at KLCC's 4th floor foodcourt. On the way home, met Haniff in the LRT train. For all the times I've been on the train, I've never met anyone I know. That was the first time I met an old friend in the LRT train. His friend from high school was also there, so we were introduced to each other and then had a short chat before Haniff got down at Taman Jaya station. It would be nice to meet old friends or acquaintances on the LRT train. At least I'd get to talk and chat instead of staring off into space or sleeping. :P

Saturday I was working half-day. After work I stopped by KLCC to look for and eye-shadow. I was walking in Isetan's ladies' department and found the one I really liked. Unfortunately for me, they were out of stock. I was disappointed, but I just had to get my hands on it, so I headed to Parkson. And I was in luck! The eye-shadow collection I wanted was there. Plus, with my purchase, I got a RM10 voucher! Good deal, huh? ;) So...apa lagi! I used up the voucher, since its last day was Sunday anyway. Hehehe... :) So...KLCC was so full of people at the concourse. Cleo's 50 Most Eligible Bachelors thingy was held there, so naturally, there were screaming and swooning girls, calling out for their favorite bachelor. :) I only stopped for a few minutes, curious as to how the bachelors would look like in person and how their voice sounded. Some were very good-looking, there's one who's really hot and there's someone I know from high school! It's Cameron Ng and he looks really good. ^_^ I wonder if he'll win? I wanted to "scream" for him like what the other girls were doing, but thought better of myself. Besides, I didn't see him from where I was standing, so I left.

Took the train back to the station in Bangsar and then met up with Bibi. We drove to Yati's house as she was having a "makan-makan" thingy. She made roasted turkey with stuffing and cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes and gravy, etc. Just like Thanksgiving in the US. :) The turkey was good, the cranberry sauce was good, but I didn't get to taste the gravy coz dah habis. :( Most of Yati's CMU friends were there: Shazwan, Duki, Ezan (he was a bit late), Azwan, Safwan and fiance. Ome was there too. Amy and Kim were there, but they left a few minutes after I arrived. Ammar got there a couple of minutes later too. All of us had out conversation in the kitchen instead of the air-conditioned living room. Weird. :P Soon after that, Duki invited us for a karaoke happy hour at Star KTV, BSC. I took up and Duki's invitation for an evening of fun. And fun we had. I sang a few of my favorite songs...some solo...some together with the other guys. Sekali-sekala nak jadi penyanyi...apa salahnya. Kekeke. ;) After singing, had dinner at Chili's...and then night cap at Rasta.

Next day (Sunday) was Nina's wedding day. Got up quite early to wash my clothes. Zarina's picked me up at about 10am and parked her car at Sharina's house. We walked to Nina's house for the akad nikah ceremony. When we got there, Hafiz's rombongan was already there. We went in through the back door to escape the throng of people in the house, and then went upstairs to Nina's room. She was beautiful. :) An anxious bride...but radiant nonetheless. :) Hafiz lafaz sekali aje, and terus sah. Alhamdulillah... :) Took pictures and then Zarina ajak pegi One Utama to cool off until the afternoon kenduri. After walking around and buying and eating, we picked up Aliza and headed to Nina's house once again. Jumpa Sharina and mother, Ikmal, Nik Shahiman, Yai and Ameer...Isman, Era, Sadique, Ruby and Fendy, Shaida's parents and Azam, etc. :) Ramai kawan2 SMDU la mostly. Dah selesai makan and all that, we stopped by Sharina's house for a rest and waited until the afternoon rain to calm down.

Dah balik tu penat!!! Since the kenduri I was complaining about the hot weather and how I wanted to take a bath so much. And it was the best bath I had since whenever! Hahahahh. And I slept quite early that night. Full weekend man. Nina and Hafiz are finally married...sigh, I'm so happy for them. But there goes another one. One by one...my friends have opened up the new chapter in their lives and I'm still stuck with the prologue. :P Ah, whatever lah. My time will come, insya Allah. :)

So...kalau nak tengok gambar wedding Nina, please visit my online album at:

http://www.imagestation.com/members/beatlejunkie

Oyasuminasai for now! :)