Wednesday, September 10, 2003

sexy and croaky

Argh...finally the erratic weather has gotten to me. I was bed-ridden for almost a week due to high fever. And that was the only time that my voice was husky and sexy...ahahaha!! I think I was croaking like a frog! :p Anyway, thanks to the doc's medication, I'm recovering. Still coughing here and there and sniffing...but I'm much better than last week, alhamdulillah. :)

Staying at home was fun for a while...got to watch the tube and sleep when everybody else is working. :p But the headaches and bodyaches weren't helping any. So...nothing much to shout about la. :( Now, I'm back at work...and no surprise...work piled up as usual. Now that Vivien is leaving (yes, she just joined us last month!!) due to an internship offer in Colorado (I would take it anyway!), Alex and I will have a heavier workload on our shoulders. Sigh...tough life.

So anyway, Abang Chor came home for a short break on Friday and went back to Langkawi this morning. On Saturday he and Abah went to Taiping for Kak Nozi's wedding. Mama stayed back to accompany me at home. I wasn't fit to travel anyway. :p Was watching the women's US Open semi-finals when Naddo stopped by the house. She and Hafeiz were in the area for a friend's wedding. Thanks for dropping by Naddo! We caught up with old times and updated each other on the latest news. :)

Tonight went out to dinner with Yunie at Santai. Ameer joined us later. Sigh, it's really nice to meet old friends once in a while, you know. It's not that easy, since everyone is busy with work. But as I was chatting with Amy on MSN today, she mentioned that it feels like the world is getting smaller somehow. And I'd have to agree with her coz someone is always connected to someone we know and in the end everyone knows everyone! Small world indeed. :) I hope to meet more of my old friends.

After work today I was surfing the net and remembered that someone invited me into Friendster. After signing up, not once did I peek into it. Inactive is an understatement! :p So...when Amy mentioned that she added me as her "friend", I thought what the heck. Might was well take a look. And yeah...it looks kinda cool. It was something like e-circles and communityzero. I'm not surprised if sometime in the future, we would have to pay for the service. :p But I'll just have fun while it's still free lah. Hehehe...

Wokey...it's getting late. Thinking of getting up early to wash my hair and have it dried before going to work. Must remember to turn on the alarm clock!! :)