another year...another cycle
The year 2002 is almost coming to an end. Looking back, wow...a lot has happened. Many events and experiences that are either sweet, exciting and memorable; or sad, painful and forgotten...well, maybe not...maybe just buried somewhere in the corner of the mind. I used to live a monotonous and boring life...but it changed since the last five years. It changed just when I was leaving my teenage years and entering adulthood. I had more things to learn...things that were never taught in school...things that I had to learn by myself throughout my daily social life. Now, that's experience! :)
Anyway, I finally got to watch The Lord of The Rings: The Two Towers on Monday, with Shaida and Kharis, her fiance. It was just absolutely fantastic. :) In fact, I want to watch it again! :P I didn't quite enjoy watching it the first time since we unfortunately got fourth row seats, which are quite too near to the screen. And then, the air-condition was not working that day so the cineplex was warm with body heat. And to top it all off, towards the last 30-minutes of the movie my bladder was screaming for release! Hehehe...I didn't want to leave for the bathroom coz I didn't want to miss anything, so I held on until the movie ended. I was so restless, I must have been fidgeting like mad in my seat. :P So...I just have to watch the movie for a second time! And this time, in total comfort and with good seats! :D
Tuesday night went to Sue's open house. :) Good yummy food...especially the popia. :) Got to meet her school friends, but didn't get to see Lea since she only came later in the night. Takpe Lea, insya Allah, kita jumpa next time, ok? :)
Thursday went to Kamdar at SS2 with Mama to buy some cloth. They have a very good selection and a variety of materials there. Not to mention the affordable price. :) And so...after Zohor prayers, went out with Zarina. Wanted to go to Midvalley Megamall at first, but when we got there, the line of cars that were going into the parking entrance was so long, we opted to go somewhere else. So...we drove back to where we came from and headed to One Utama. :) Did some shopping and then watched Sweet Home Alabama. Both Zarina and I were not very satisfied with the ending. Why she had to let go such an honest and loving and forgiving man is beyond me! Regardless that her husband had changed for the better (which is actually a very good thing for him), she had a man who sincerely adored her. Oh well...I know it's just a movie...but in real life, men like Andrew (the NYer) is one in a million and not easy to find.
I was picturing myself in her position while watching the movie. Would I still want Jake back seeing that he's changed into a good man? Who's to say that he won't change back into his old self? Melanie said she gave her heart to someone a long time ago and didn't get it back, so she still loved Jake all those years. So, in a way, she was hoping that he could change. Just like in LOTR, Sam Gamgee was saying that there's always hope, hope that in a world full of evil, there's still some good in people, and that hope keeps us moving on. But will I ever see "him" change? Would "he" change in the first place? Come to think of it, will I ever see "him" again? Sigh...only God knows the answers...


No comments:
Post a Comment