Monday, March 02, 2009

high school memories...

Assalamu'alaikum...so, I've finally beaten Ultima, one of the 8 hidden Espers in Final Fantasy XII. Yeah, it's taking me forever to finish the game, but I'm taking my time to build up my level. The first time I played the game, it was just about finishing the game, but now I want to try and finish the side-quests available. Anyway, I stopped playing for quite a while and when I was down with the flu last week, I thought I'd continue and yeay! Ultima is down...only one more hidden Esper to go. :)

Speaking of the flu, I think there's a virus flying around coz almost everyone at the clinic to which I went on Wednesday last week had very high body temperature, including me. I had to wait for an hour to see the doctor too. After getting my meds, I went home and stayed in bed for the rest of the week. Felt really lousy too...it's not great being sick, that I can guarantee you. Just make sure that you eat cooked food and good water....really good water. You can never be too sure nowadays.

Anyway, thanks to the meds, I was all better by Saturday evening. So yesterday, I was able to accompany Mama and Abah to one of Abah's schoolmate's house in KL, where a gathering of their high school alumni was held. It was something like a monthly gathering of the Anderson School alumni from year 1950s. And it so happens that the host for yesterday's gathering were the parents of the KRU guys. Boy, that sure brought up a lot of memories yesterday. Even though it was more than 10 years ago, it's still fresh in my mind.

I used to be ga-ga over KRU back in high school. I went to almost all of their promotional events (this was when they were just beginning to grow famous), their concert, their movies, their fans get-together, you name it. And when yesterday Abah mentioned to Aunty Zarina (their mum) that he used to drive me to their house in Taman Melawati whenever they had a get together for the fans, I was rather embarrassed about it! But she made it ok by saying, "I was young once!" Hehehehehe.... And I was glad that none of the boys was at home. But I was proven wrong when after the whole event was done and we were all having lunch outside, there came Norman (he was my favourite out of the 3) from inside the house, fresh from the shower, trying to get his share of the buffet lunch served under the front porch. Hahaha...like I said, it sure brought back a lot of memories... :P Now I feel like listening to all their old songs! :D

Sigh...alrighty...till next time! Wassalam...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg! you're bringing back a lot of memories for me too! how crazy were we huh? i think i'd still get rather excited seeing norman walk out of the house to get some food myself! i can definitely smile thinking about all that we did back then. heheheheh

AiNuL kHaLiDaH iDuRa said...

hi!! i didn't expect to get any comments after leaving my blog "un-updated" for so long. good to hear from you! yeah...we were really crazy back then, with all the birthday cards and gifts, etc. hahaha!