Monday, February 09, 2009

so typical of me

Assalamu'alaikum...*sigh* it's just so typical of me to always neglect updating my blog. No matter how many times I keep reminding myself to write something, there's always something else to do. Too many distractions out there...like Facebook. Yeah, can't tell you how addictive that site has become. Instead of updating my blog, I update my status in Facebook! :-P

And it's so typical of me to get hooked on something new e.g. new book, new mobile phone, new tv series, etc. Last 2 months, my new obsession was Harry Potter. I bought the whole book collection and finished reading them in 2 months. (It took me longer to finish "Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone" than "Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince"!) It actually started when I bought the boxed DVD set of the Harry Potter movies. After going through a marathon session of the movies, my curiosity got the better of me, as I didn't want to wait for the next movie to be released to know what's going to happen next. So I headed to MPH to get me the books. Now I know what's in store for Harry and his friends, I can't wait for the movie this July!

To add to the Harry Potter obsession phase I'm going through right now, yesterday I bought "Tales of Beedle The Bard" by J K Rowling. Although it's not a sequel to the Harry Potter series, it's a book that's mentioned in the said series. Will be reading it after I'm done with my final exam this Friday. :-D

I'm also hooked on getting my hands on Japanese drama series or movies, whether on VCD or DVD. Instead of studying hard for my final exam and finishing up my assignment, I was watching "Love 2000", a Japanese drama series which I bought yesterday. Unfortunately, not many of these Japanese series have English subtitles. But I was lucky that this particular series has English AND Bahasa Malaysia subtitles. And even luckier, the main star of this series is none other than Takeshi Kaneshiro! *swoon*

Anyway, enough about my obsessions for the time being. Here are some updates with what's been happening in my life: I had my appendics removed last month. About a week after that Mama had her 2nd spine surgery and she's now recuperating at home. No climbing up the stairs or driving or heavy activity around the house for about a month or so. And yours truly and Abah are the home nurses. Hehehe... :-P

Ok...I should go to bed now since tomorrow is a working day. *yawn* Wassalam...

No comments: