Assalamu'alaikum...I'm still here at the office, waiting for the traffic jam to ease. It's been raining here almost every evening and as much as I want to get home as early as possible, the thought of crawling through the traffic just doesn't appeal to me at all. Not to mention that fact that this is when drivers start to go nuts and impatient. Unlike the past 4 years, when I only take the LRT to get to work and only drive to Kelana Jaya, I have to drive all the way from Bukit Jelutong to Desa Petaling now (my new employer's location). Everyday I'd take the Federal Highway to get to the KL-Seremban Highway. It was not too bad at first. But I hated driving on the Federal Highway after I got into an accident in late November last week. It occurred during a rainy night, when I was driving home from work. And the funny thing was, I was hit first from behind, then like the domino effect, I banged the car in front of me. The driver who banged into me from behind was driving a Honda CRV and she got the nerve to say that it was my fault because I suddenly braked. What?! Just because she was driving a huge luxury car, she can actually put the blame on me?! Fortunately, the person whose car I hit (which happened to be a Honda too...but Honda Civic or was it Accord...?) was on my side and didn't blame at all. Phew!
Anyway, to cut the long story short, I lodged a police report at the PJ State Police Station (my experience there is another story altogether!) and went home with Mama and Abah who came to the rescue while I was waiting for the tow truck at the Federal Highway. :) My point is this: sometimes it doesn't matter how careful a driver you are, when other people are reckless on the road, and you happen to be close by i.e. in the next lane, in front of or behind that bloody driver, there's no way you can avoid being involved in an accident, unless you get to move away quickly. And driving to work everyday on that dreaded and loathsome Federal Highway, I've seen all sorts of crazy drivers! I mean, don't they value their lives at all??!! If you're late, you're late! It doesn't mean that if you rush like mad, time will move back and you'll reach your destination early! Like I said, when you're late, you're late! Time and tide waits for no man! Get it?! So think about your safety for God's sake and the safety of others. Everyone wants to reach their destination in one piece too, you know. :P
Sometimes I wish that I just fly to work. But that's just wishful thinking, ain't it? Wassalam...


No comments:
Post a Comment