Tuesday, February 03, 2004

one day at a time

Assalamu'alaikum...Happy Eidul Adha to Muslims all over the world. Kepada semua jemaah haji, semoga ibadat haji diterima dan diberkati Allah. :) Wah, rasa dah lama tak tulis kat sini. Anyway, I finally found the time to write in here, even though it's past my usual bedtime. But, I'll make an exception tonight. :) So...I just got back from watching "The Last Samurai" with Hadi at TGV One Utama. That's the latest movie I've seen since ROTK. :P I love the movie. It was kinda weird but nice to hear Tom Cruise speak Japanese. I love all the fighting/action scenes too. There was even a Japanese Legolas in the movie, which was a treat...hehehe. :) If you like Tom Cruise, go and watch it. Even if you don't like him (I didn't for a while, especially after he divorced Nicole Kidman), go and watch it anyway. Japanese culture has always fascinated me and I wish they had shown more of it in the movie. On that note, I'd love to go to Japan again (the last time I went, I was only 4 years old...so I don't remember much of anything) and learn as well as experience their culture. It would be nice, wouldn't it? :)

It's been a drab day, so I spent time playing my PS2...but when Naddo told me that the Superbowl was on, and Tom Brady was playing, I stopped altogether and was just in time to watch the 4th quarter of the game. It was spectacular, just to watch Brady in action and win MVP. He even won a Mercedes convertable! Damn, I'm so jealous. :P Just yesterday, I saw Federer toppled Safin in the Australian Open. I was rooting for Safin coz he defeated Roddik, Agassi, and Blake. But Federer proved to be a better player. He's just so cool and calm on the court, even though he was nervous as hell...hehehe. :P Imagine, being the number one player in the world...and winning so much money. :) Anyway, at about 6pm, Abah, Mama, and I went to DSH to check Mama in for her minor operation tomorrow morning. It seems there's an infection from her previous spine surgery, so Dr. Malik has to cut open her surgical wound to clean it up. Sometimes you wonder why can't the doctors do things right the first time? Now we have to pay extra for just a minor operation. Jeez.... Whatever it is, insya Allah, she's going to be alright tomorrow. The operation is going to take an hour, instead of five hours...like the last one.

On Wednesday, our office had a farewell lunch at Spring Garden, KLCC, for our GM, Theo. Yeah, he's leaving. It's a shame, really. He's such a kind GM and I'm glad to have known him even though it was only for a few weeks. I wonder how the new GM will be like. Theo said that the new guy is just like him (Theo), only he makes more noise...hehehe. :) Anyway, since it was still Chinese New Year, we had yee sang. The tossing was fun, but messy! But...it was worth it coz the yee sang was delicious. :) The next day, I had lunch with Yati and Kimberly. Kim just got back from England. She studied law. :) I was worried that I wouldn't recognize her, but she looked the same! :) When Abah and Mama picked me up at the Kelana Jaya LRT station after work, we went for dinner at Rasta...again. And guess who I saw. Yai again. I swear, he's there almost everyday! He saw me, but he was with friends, so we just waved at each other. Then I messaged him and joked that we keep bumping into each other at Rasta. Must be fate! Hahahaha. :D But then, not long after, Ameer got there too. He's another guy who is always there. It's like second home to them. :P The only person I haven't met for a long time is Akmar. I wonder how he's doing...

Speaking of meeting...Tuesday night I had dinner with Zarina, Nina and Nor Azlina at Dave's, One Utama. We just wanted to get together before Nina leaves for Melbourne. We had a fun time. Azlina wanted to leave before 9:45pm to catch "Gilmore Girls". :P So, Zarina brought Nina and I to her house in Kota Damansara. Oh man, Nina and I were so in love with everything in her house! Hehehehe. :D It really is a nice house. And soon she and Shariman will have a new family member joining them. Yep, Zarina is pregnant! :) It's kinda hard to believe because it feels like yesterday that we were in high school. Now, everyone is grown up and moved on with her life. Sigh...sometimes it's just too fast... :) Oh well...let's not think about that too much, shall we? I'm taking one day at a time now. And yes, it's past my bedtime...need to wake up early to go to the hospital before Mama's operation. Good night! Wassalam...