Wednesday, January 14, 2004

a room with a view

Assalamu'alaikum...My first day at the new office was rather nice. Yes, I got a new job and it's at KLCC. :) Alhamdulillah, colleagues are nice people and insya Allah, I hope the future here will be bright. But, I arrived five minutes late!! Man, I really underestimated the traffic to go to Kelana Jaya LRT station. Instead of leaving the house at 8am, I should leave at 7:45am or 7:30am. Sure, the station is not far...but it took me half an hour to get on the train. First was the traffic and then the time it took me to search for a parking spot and the journey from the car to the train...everything plus together = about 15-20 minutes....damn. :P So tomorrow Abah said that he'd send me to the station since I leave before he does and come home after he does. Thank you, Abah! :)

On to work...one thing I like about the office is that it's on the 45th floor, so the view of the city from there is absolutely beautiful. Then, the restroom is just sooo clean and wangi!! There's even a tiny sink in each of the stall! Not to mention the automatic tap at the outer sinks. And not forgetting the automatic air freshener that sprays every few minutes or so. Man, was I impressed! I'd visit the restroom every chance I get...hehehehe. :D So far, there aren't that many offices on my floor, so it's pretty quiet. I had lunch with my bosses at the food court. No, they didn't belanja...I bought my own lunch. :P Did I mention that my bosses are Dutch? :)

Another thing I like about the place is that the surau at level 13 is so nice! Spacious, clean, comfortable and yes...tak bau hapak. Yup, some public suraus have this weird musty smell because of the damp telekungs that are never washed. :( I'd rather bring my own telekung coz I'd feel a whole lot cleaner when facing God. :)

Well...now I have to get back into the groove of working. I just hope my computer at the office arrives soon. It's hard to work without one! :)