Sunday, May 11, 2003

bootylicious

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms in the world. :)

The weekend was quite interesting. I recently bought a new television for the family since the one we had was rather archaic. :P But because of the huge size of the new one, we had to transform the whole tv lounge into something new just to fit it in. So, our day was filled with moving furniture around and sorting out old stuff in the book cabinets. Spring cleaning. :) In a way, it was good because we got to reorganize the lounge and also the books. Also found some harta karun underneath the cabinets while moving them and also in the cabinets themselves. Hehehe... :) The lounge is ready now and it looks much better, especially with the new tv! :D

After office on Friday, I rushed home to get ready to go out with Zaharah, Azree, Alex, and Susan. We went to watch belly dancing at Bintang Shack, which is at Jalan Bukit Bintang. The event was supposed to be an Arabian Night thingy, so there was Middle Eastern food and the highlight of the night was the belly dancing. The food was not bad, but I've tasted better Middle Eastern food while I was in Ann Arbor. :) And we were quite disappointed because we were expecting a belly dancer from Egypt or somewhere from the Middle East. But the dancer is from Singapore. She learned belly dancing in California! And her stage name is "Saliha". Man....anti climax betul! :P But since we already paid for it, we thought of just staying and participate. I have to admit, she was quite good, though not so delicate in her movements. Susan and I also had the chance of learning a few steps because Saliha invited guests to participate. Gyrating my hips in public was a weird experience. But I have to admit, it was kinda sexy! Ahahah...Bootylicious! :P

And then there was another dancer, a man who undergone gender transformation, I reckon, because he had breasts (real breasts) and smooth, hairless legs; and his performance was hot! And I literally mean hot because he had torches in his performance. Not forgetting filling his mouth with kerosene and spraying it towards the torches. Since Susan and I were sitting in front, we were practically in Azree's lap when we leaned back to avoid getting our faces burned! :P That was pretty daring of the dancer. He also couldn't stop touching his breast just like Michael Jackson couldn't stop touching his crotch every time he dances. :P Moreover, this guy went to a man in the audience and had him touch his breasts! :P

Anyway, after a while we got bored, so we left and headed to Rasta to have drinks. Aaahhh....more peaceful. :) When I came back, I looked for a song that was played in one of the performances that night. It was really catchy and I remember buying the singer's cassette when my family and I went to Turkey a few years ago. The singer's name is Tarkan and he's very popular there. I found the song in .mp3 format and put it as the song of the week here. In English, the song is entitled Kiss Kiss and if I'm not mistaken, Holly Valance resang it in English. But I think the original sounds better. :) Enjoy! :)