Thursday, January 11, 2007

another new year

Assalamu'alaikum...Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Adha and Happy New Year everyone. Where has the year 2006 gone to? Did everyone actually fulfilled your 2006 resolutions? I know I didn't and I'm a little ashamed to admit it. :( My self-discipline wasn't strong enough, I think. And perhaps I didn't have enough encouragement. So...I think I should bring forward those unfulfilled resolutions to this year. And I'm going to make sure that I fulfill at least one of them! :D

So...what's been happening with me? Nothing much. Was under a lot of stress during the final months of 2006. Personal stress and work stress. At first I kept everything to myself, which was really unhealthy, but I couldn't help myself. But eventually, I just had to talk to someone and that someone was my colleague (let's name her "A"). I would have wanted to confide in my best friend or maybe a family member or other close friends, but in the end A was the person I thought would understand my situation. It's not that I didn't trust the other people, but they had problems of their own and I didn't want to burden them with my tales of woe. Anyway, it was a relief to be able to release my anguish, worries, or whatever it was that I was going through. I don't know if I'm 100% "recovered", but I'm getting there. :)

Now...for happier tales: I went on a baby-visiting spree two weekends ago and it was both tiring and wonderful. First it was Shahril + Bayani's baby girl, Myiesha Khayra (isn't it a beautiful name?). And she's really beautiful too. And let me tell you, I've always been scared of holding a baby coz I'm afraid that they would start crying, but when I gathered enough courage to hold Myiesha, I was glad that she didn't mind my carrying her at all. Here I was in Bayani's suite at Pantai Medical Centre, holding Myiesha:-



After that, I went to Sue's house to see her and of course, her baby girl, Asha Zahra. I couldn't believe that Sue is now a mother and I told her so. Hehehe... :P Asha also seemed to like my holding her, and for that I was really glad. :)



And finally, I visited Nina at her mom's house in DU and saw her son, Gibran Zayd. He's a cute little guy. ;) I didn't get to hold him, though, but it's perfectly alright. He seemed content to be sleeping in his cot and then be in his mum's arms. :) Here he is:-



And you know what? Akmar + Tina just gave birth to their baby girl, Mira Amelia on Monday! Congratulations to the new parents. Insya Allah, I'll be visiting them this weekend. I can't wait to see their new bundle of joy! :)

Alrighty, I actually have more news, but I'm getting really sleepy. This will be continued tomorrow night...hopefully! ;) Oyasuminasai y'all...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum,
Great to hear from you bie. I'm sure you will be able to overcome any challenges. The best of time still yet to come for you inshaallah, the best thing will happen at the best possible time. Keep up the SMILING.
Love your blog. Coz it contains a lot of positive words and encouraging experience. Thank you for sharing your high point moments