Assalamu'alaikum...Happy Labour Day to all you labourers out there. :) It's nice to have a long weekend, doesn't it? But it always seem so short somehow. I guess you just have to make the most of it.
Anyway, Akmar + Dayang are finally married. Last week I attended the akad nikah at Dayang's casa in Pulau Pinang. We were lucky that her house is just opposite of the hotel in which we were staying, Vistana Hotel. I flew via Air Asia on Saturday morning with Zai and Affandi. Ameer, Shahril and Yai drove there Friday night and by the time we reached the hotel, they were still sound asleep. :P Apparently, the akad nikah was postponed to 12noon instead of the initial appointed time, 10am. So we had time to iron our clothes and freshen up. When it was time to leave, we just crossed the street to Dayang's house and met the calm and composed groom and family. ;) The bride was waiting upstairs in her room, nervous yet serene.
Then the historical moment came and went after just one lafaz and there were tears of joy in the eyes of the groom, the groom's father, yours truly and even Shahril...hehehehe... :P Yang lain tu ada la jugak, tapi tak merambu-rambu... :P Zai and I went upstairs again to inform her of the good news. Her tears were threatening to come out but she held them back...nanti rosak pulak make-up! ;) Lepas tu, the usual lah went on i.e. penyarungan cincin, salam-bersalaman dengan family members and relatives, then makan time. After our stomachs were filled, we lounged in the living room until almost everyone left...punya la tak malu!! Hahahaha...sampai the groom's family were leaving, then only we left. :P
Back at the hotel, we freshen up again to go out. Just wanted to jalan-jalan and maybe shopping, so we drove to Praning Mall (I think) and shopped a little, had snack at McDonald's and headed back to the hotel to get ready for the night reception at Kompleks Tabung Haji. We got a little lost on the way, but managed to find the place nevertheless. Went up to the couple's suite to see them get ready and take pictures. Sometime during the reception, Mirza + wife and Isman + family came. Lama sungguh tak jumpa, so it was to chit chat a little with them. :)
Then as usual, after the rest of the guests left, we stayed back to take pictures with the couple on the dais. Our table was the only one that wasn't cleared up! :P The rest of the food, tables and chairs were cleared up and stacked away. Aduuhh... macam tak nak balik aje! :P Anyway, we left at about 11pm and then Ameer wanted to go to Gurney Drive (the relocated one) to have rojak, kuey teow goreng, pasembor, etc. Penat dan ngantuk tu tak ambik kira la...pegi jugak since we were already in Pulau Pinang la katakan. So, in our baju melayu and kebaya, we had our supper immediately after dinner. :P On the way back, kaum lelaki, Affandi terkecuali, sempat singgah kedai mamak nak beli nasi dhal. I'm amazed by how much space they have in their stomach!
And as much as I wanted to have a lazy Sunday morning, I had to wake up early to get to the airport. So the three of us (Affandi, Zai and me) flew back to KL on the 8:20am flight. After the both of them dropped me off at home, I felt like I didn't even go to Penang. I can't tell you how much fun I had that weekend and was kinda disappointed that it ended so soon. Sigh...


1 comment:
This is very interesting site... 1990 buick lesabre mass air flow sensor kodak digital camera dx3900 honeywell hwm 255 humidifier http://www.auto-dealers-8.info payday loan online Myspace layout cars online credit report mazda ringtone I want to see boys pee http://www.dell-cpx-battery.info Drumheller car rentals aston martin tysons Blackberry cheesecake recipe Idaho+home+owner+insurance Www mustafa sandal com Long distance phone plans from canada Speed ratings tires Breast implants 1000ccs Free online slot machine game 20 Perfumes masculinos
Post a Comment