Saturday, September 11, 2004

because we are human

Assalamu'alaikum...I can't understand people these days. Jealousy is one thing, but to actually circulate an email with such vulgar language and probably false information, which is mostly based on pure hatred of the subject is another thing. I'm talking about the email from Asmah, who claims to be working at Astro, bashing Siti Nurhaliza. I don't know how many of you have read them (I read two), and they are absolutely sick and the words she used to describe some things about Siti are just disgusting. I'm not a fan of Siti, but that's where it ends. I don't circulate emails thrashing the poor girl. Some of the info might be true, some are not, wallahu'alam. I heard that this case has been an issue published in the media as well? Hmm...tak tau la apa nak cakap. But you know what? Yesterday my colleague forwarded me an email, a reply to the "Anti-Siti from Astro". Glad to say that the reply was written objectively, but towards the end, there were some subtle sarcastic remarks, some of which were hilarious, to basically tell the Siti-hater to get lost. :) Sigh...pasal tu la I don't care to stay in tuned with news about our local artists. Pasal international stars pun, baca news macam gitu aje. :) Kalau dah fanatik sangat, nanti bergaduh antara peminat la pulak. :P Biar kita low profile, kan aman sikit dunia ni...

So anyway...historical day today, kan? September 11th. After the Australian Embassy bomb blast in Indonesia a couple of days ago, I was a bit nervous about going to work today. My office is situated in Menara Citibank, which is an American company. A tall building pulak tu. A likely target for an attack by terrorists, don't you think? Na'uzubillah, takkan terjadi kejadian buruk macam tu. But one can't help but fear the slightest chance that it might happen, can she? :) Still, I drove to work with music to clear my mind from the horrible thoughts. And alhamdulillah, the day passed by just like any of my Saturdays, except that I left the office a little later than scheduled. Ye lah...tolong colleague with her work sikit. My department prioritizes teamwork, which is something I really like. And amazingly, my colleagues and I work well together, for which I'm glad. Beginning next week, my department is starting on an annual project that stretches until the end of the year. Meaning...throughout fasting month and Hari Raya and so on, so forth. Since it's my first time being involved with the project, my colleagues warned me that almost everyday we will be working late. So...berbuka kat office la nampak gayanya. :P

Oklah...now it's time to say goodbye to all our company...M-I-C...See you all whenever!...K-E-Y...Why? Because I'm already sleepy... ;) Goodnight everyone! :)

No comments: