Now that the wedding ceremonies and receptions are over, Abang Nyah and Mariam are slowly settling down in their new apartment, and life is back to normal. But I somehow feel like there's some sort of emptiness in the house and in myself. I was thinking about it for days, wondering what is the sadness that came over me all of a sudden. Then when I saw Abang Nyah yesterday morning in the kitchen, talking with Mama over coffee, I was so happy to see him. Then I realised that I missed him ever since he got married. When he was transferred to Johor from Sarawak, we only see him during the weekend when he would drive up Friday evening back home and back to Johor Sunday night. But now he won't be coming home to Bukit Jelutong for the weekend, instead, it would be to Damansara Damai - their new home. I will really miss him laa... :-( (I need to get married too so I won't feel so lonely!!)
Anyway, the wedding reception on our side went quite well. Although quite a few people couldn't make it, many others from afar came and that really touched us. Their presence proved that they share our tight hold on friendship and family values. To my friends, especially the gang, thank you so much for coming to the wedding. :-)
For those who wish to see photos which I took from the engagement and the wedding, you can visit my Flickr website at Flickr: akidura's Photostream. Up to now, I have only managed to put up pics of the engagement and akad nikah hantaran. I will add more soon! :-) Till then, I will leave you with this photo from the engagement ceremony as a teaser...hehehe... ;-) Wassalam.


No comments:
Post a Comment