Assalamu'alaikum...I know Syawal is almost over, but "Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri" to all Muslims. :) As November is coming to an end as well, it's just a matter of time when December's over and then we'll be welcoming year 2006. Still can't believe how time moves so fast. :)
Hari Raya was nice for me. Abang Nyah was lucky to get a flight ticket in the end, so we got to celebrate Hari Raya together after all. :) But the holidays felt so short. I didn't take leave that Deepavali before Hari Raya nor did I take leave after Hari Raya. I guess it's because we didn't go back to Bruas for Hari Raya like we used to. But that weekend, the guys in the family travelled to Bruas. Mama and I stayed behind.
Then the open houses started. I tell you...I was so happy after I lost weight from fasting the whole of Ramadhan. But when I started going to open houses and relatives' houses for Hari Raya, my stomach got the shock of its life. :P I gained weight (but not as much as I lost, thank God!). And no matter how you try not to eat all those wonderful lemang, rendang, ketupat, etc, it's just so hard! :P
And the funny part was that last week my department had an "open house" of our own, but it was only for the department. Each of us was assigned with a dish to cook and to bring to the office. There was lemang, nasi impit, kuah lodeh (lontong), rendang ayam, kuah kacang, cakes, agar2, kuih raya, fried mee hoon, karipap, etc. Everyone enjoyed the food of course. But that night practically everyone sakit perut and cirit-birit, including yours truly. :P Sampai take medical leave the next day!! Hahahaha...sabo aje laaa...tu la, makan tak ingat dunia la katakan...pakai balun semua kat depan mata! :P
Oklah...nak rehat. Till next time...cheerio! Wassalam...


No comments:
Post a Comment