Sunday, August 28, 2011

another day, another dawn

Salam...several months back I had started writing in my personal diary, then I stopped for a while. Now I'm writing again in my blog for who knows what reason.

I'm not excited about Hari Raya this year. So much has happened in the span of one year, most of which were just beyond my control. A few were joyous occasions, while a few others were nothing to shout about, but still maybe quite notable. I've made new friends...and lost a few. I've traveled more than usual, splurged a little more than I used to...and put my trust into someone who, in the end, had disappointed me deeply, for betraying my trust. Am I about to lose another friend?

Lesson(s) in life:

Choose your friends wisely.

Don't be nice and consider other people's feelings too much, sometimes you just have to selfish because people don't care about your feelings anyway.

Don't judge a book by it's cover.

Prioritize your needs and focus on achieving them. Don't be swayed by the things you want but don't need.

And, Oh God, so many more! But the ultimate thing is, just be happy. Be thankful for the smallest blessings in life. Be grateful for friends and family who honestly care about you and support you. You may just survive through life.

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri to my Muslim friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, hasn't it been one year since you last updated this blog? Keep on blogging please :)

Anonymous said...

Hmm, hasn't it been one year since you last updated this blog? Keep on blogging please :)